After a very, very long hiatus, The Killers are finally releasing their sophomore album, titled Sam's Town, due in stores on October 3rd. The first single has started to get some radio airplay, although I thought it wouldn't be released until mid-September. I heard it on our local "alternative" station during my drive home today. After hearing it again via their MySpace page, the song is really going to have to grow on me, and I hope this isn't what the record execs thought was the best song on the album. Mr. Brightside this definitely is not...In other Brandon Flowers news, apparently marriage and a long break between albums has caused him to rethink his little indie-band tiff with Panic! At the Disco, Fallout Boy, and The Bravery. I mean, thank god, people! We don't need another musical rivalry reminiscent of the east-coast/west-coast rap fued that cost us the genius of Biggie and Tupac. In fact, their beef is so yesterday's news that The Killers are even set to tour with Panic! for some upcoming shows in promotion of the new album. More info about the band is available on their official website and via Island Records. And some more info on the new album via NME (with accompanying pic of Brandon's new "look" - who told him that 'stache looked good, & what the hell happened to the eyeliner???).
{see photo posted here for pink-leather jacket hotness of days past...*sigh*}
8 comments:
I read that they wanted to sound different and apparently he thinks hes matured. I still like them, but I now happen to believe that, especially without eyeliner, b. flowers is a bit of a prissy bitch and thinks he's the shit when he isn't. I do hope the band pricks that big bubble of ego-head hes got going soon. Maybe a tour with panic! will work. I do not want to sit thru panic! though if they come back to tampa/st.pete.
I'll make a copy of the rolling stone article I read on them this month, a stone issues *also* featuring none other than the illustrious johnny depp.
ps thank you for posting good news for me though, I just don't wanna wait til october! hehe.
I would prefer that they tour with some other band, but they're of the same musical "category" so I guess it makes sense. And I never thought facial hair equalled maturity, just a lack of shaving implements...or simple laziness.
oh hes so pretty. I want him back to where he was.
oh on sat I have no money. can I make you lunch perhaps? at my place? and then trek to the theatre from there??
tell me what you think.
Sounds okay - is it the dollar theater? If not I can pay. My treat. You've moved into "starving artist" territory - you better take up painting or batik screen printing to justify all this brokeness.
I think "new car" and "college" justifies my brokeness, but I'll give sculpture a whirl. Do you have any idea what kind of money it takes just to get started in art? holy hell!!!I'd say not.
hows garlic chicken and yellow rice sound? my treat. I cook.
and therefore I'll let you buy. It hasn't moved to the dollar theatre yet that I know of, I will check again tomorrow when they get their weekly batch of new movies.
and by "I'd say not" I meant, I would never start art stuff for that kind of money...
not that you have no idea. whoops.
Yeah. I spent $60 at the arts & crafts store a couple weeks ago on some acrylics and brushes.
Post a Comment