Sep 15, 2006

You forgot the refrain of drink drink drink!

What I learned today:
Carmelita's = Good sangria
Athenian Garden = Bad sangria
**Apologies to M for monopolizing the conversation and making our friendly lunch all about work. We swear every time it won't happen again, but then it does, and you sit there and just accept it. You're such a sport. I owe you a drink. And remember - a dry sponge is not a happy sponge.

The website maintenance program they use at work (Adobe - formerly Macromedia - Contribute), is so crazy simple that, if someone says they can't figure out how to use it, check to make sure they haven't accidently lobotomized themselves. Honestly, there's absolutly no HTML or CSS code involved - it's all templated out for you, you just edit the text and picture content more or less. It's easier to use than this blogging site. How sad is that??
Here's a head scratcher for you. Every Friday at 5:00 pm on the minute the exterior first floor doors of the building I work in lock automatically. Unless you have an access card to the other secured exterior doors, you cannot gain access to the building from the first floor (you can still exit the building from the inside through the main doors). You can, however, walk a few feet over to the exterior stairwell, ascend a flight of stairs, turn left to the elevator next to the RC's suite, descend in the elevator, and exit right in front of my office - in the now, supposedly, locked from the outside building. So, what's the point of locking the first floor doors if you can still get in the building? Don't know. Don't really care. Just think it's pretty funny, regardless.

As a way of kicking off what I hope will be a productive and utterly kick-ass weekend, here are some links that give me a funny feeling in my tummy. But it's probably just gas...*


  • From the fine folks at Gawker, we now have Idolator - a fun mix of music and gossipy goodness.


  • I-Mockery does reviews of random stuff (their review of LA's Mitsuwa Marketplace had me in joyous tears recently). And they have Pinhead on the main page - Megi & I were just talking about that movie. Coincidence? Highly suspect...


  • And I've posted the Best Week Ever Blog before, but it's so damn fun I have to do it again.


  • *Conversation with my 4 year old son this week:

    Son, running out of his room and up to me:"Mommy, my butt is leaking!"

    Me, amused, but concerned that diarrhea might be an issue:"What - do you need to poop?"

    Son, turning around and running back into his room:"No! I just have gas!"

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    ehee, so the drink is owed. may it be so and your son is a cutie.

    B said...

    A cutie with a veeerrry strange sense of humor. I think he gets that from me.
    :)