I still have that stomach ache from last week. And as an added bonus, this weekend I started taking medication with side effects of stomach ache, nausea, and general tummy trouble. This is gonna be a baaad week for me. I get in to work this morning, and find paperwork for someone else's hardly-earned stipend on my desk with a big question mark on it, asking what do I know about this. The thing is, I don't know, I don't want to know. The other thing I don't know is how that person is getting a stipend when they don't even do their job right? I spent all of last week solving problems and doing work because they were out. I'm still waiting for my wage equity and job responsibilities problems to be resolved - while I do other people's work for them. Because it's what's expected.
Then I got an angry call from a student demanding to know why she only got a couple hundred dollars in her pay check, and saying that if I didn't figure out the problem and have a check for her by Wednedsday, then she would stop working. What follows is entirely internal dialogue: Fine by me sweety - I'm not your boss and you're not my problem. I couldn't care less if you worked another day or not. I don't personally care if you don't get paid. The department full of idiots you work in can sort it out. Actually, payroll isn't in my job descritption, and you're damn lucky that I had one nice bone left in my body that I even made sure that you were paid anything at all. Trust me, if I had left it up to the department, it would have been even more screwed up.
I tranfered her into the head of the totally ass-backward department that she works for, then I turned off my computer and I went home. That's where I am right now.
Some guy just knocked on my door wanting to sell me steaks. Steaks??
5 comments:
you mean you don't buy your meat from mysterious people at your door?
oh. geez. we need to send this one to toothpaste drew.
He says to me "We deliver steaks to some of your neighbors. You like steaks, right?" I said no and closed the door. He looked a little confused at first, then he sprinted (yes - sprinted) across the street to peddle his wayward door-to-door meat products. This is the second time in two days I've had strange encounters. Remind me to tell you about the crazy lady in the Walgreen's parking lot.
i like this layout better.
I'll give you a topic.
http://psychohistory.wordpress.com/2006/11/14/my-theory-on-how-battlestar-galactica-will-end/
discuss.
I like this layout, too. And that was a great read - a really good theory on the ending for BSG. Atlantis would be an interesting angle...
Post a Comment