
M wanted to have an office party for the holidays, which we all decided was a good idea. Notice I said and office party - not an "invite whoever the hell you feel like" party. So one of the managers from our office invites his staff who do not work in this office. I found it to be rather presumptuous, although everyone else seemed okay with it so I must be the only one who thinks it sucks. I bought enough food for the five of us. Now there will be six or seven more people, potentially, and I had to buy more stuff to decorate the ornaments I decided to do in lieu of gifts this year. I just hope they all bring food. 'Cause if they show up without food and expect to be fed, they've got another thing coming. I'm not in that much of a giving mood.
And the co-worker who will be taking over my old position temporarily starting today has apparently decided that she doesn't need to answer the main phone. Even though that's a big part of the job she's now assigned to do. But I'm not either one of her two bosses, so I'm not going to be the one to tell her to do it. Apparently, judging by the reactions of some of the staff, what I say holds no weight anyway. Especially one in particular, who is also getting some BS stipend for doing - well, a lot of people are asking what she is doing. But the people asking the questions are obviously not the right people. I'm about over some of these fools and maybe the boss and I are going to need to have a serious talk about some things.
Wow. Comparing these last two posts, you'd think I'm manic depressive or something.
"I'm happy!" -- "I'm pissed!" -- "Oh, joy!" -- "&%#@!"
I think I'll find the happy medium of being a begrudging curmudgeon...
2 comments:
I'm confused.
She'll be answering the main line?? Um, ok. Get a copier. Get a shredder. And then take the phone away. Wtf am I supposed to do?
thats just ridiculous.
I'm going to be doing all her work anyway. She can't have my phone. jeesus.
& since I was late, did other people provide most of the food??
No, I mean she has to answer the phone when you're not here, silly. I'm only answering when no one else is here. And yeah, most of the "food" food came from the others, so that worked out okay. I was glad for the fried chicken & egg rolls!
The weekend is upon us - hallelujah!
Post a Comment