
It's December 1st. Yay! That officially marks the beginning of the holiday prepration season for my family. So tonight, despite the total lack of suitable furnishings to cushion our tender bottoms (and the notable absence of a tree or any other decorations at all), my son and I watched Frosty. We also watched part of The Polar Express, and during the scene where they hand out cocoa to the kids, I made him some hot chocolate. I did put up our tree at work. It's bare, though. We'll fix that next week. We always do a theme - one year was Green & Gold (the school's colors), last year was blue and white (colors of the Israeli flag), and this year is multi-colored and will represent multi-cultural and multi-ethnic celebrations. I will also be contributing a menorah as a reminder that there are other holidays besides the most gaudy one. Update: The tree at work is all decked out in all its bright, shiny finery, and I've gotten a couple of compliments on the menorah this week.
2 comments:
oh my nose glows all the time. I know exactly how little rudy feels.
my mummy used to do stuff like that for me. its a rite of passage. when the carebears ate popcorn soup, my Mom made me popcorn with extra salt in a bowl, and gave me a spoon while I watched it.
good for you, feeding the imagination. I meant to record the friggin polar express thingy. dangit!
ALSO: I found your x-mas gift tonight. you can't really use it. but its pretty.
and it isn't the m. antoinette sp? bio...:( but you'll like it jsut the same?? I think so. yep.
Post a Comment