Jan 14, 2007

Evil has a new...oh, never mind.

My husband is watching the 60 Minutes feature on President Bush. I have never realized what an ill-spoken mush-mouth that man really is, but it really seems to come to the surface when he's giving an unscripted interview. He comes off as a red-neck good old boy through most of it. An ivy league educated good old boy from a family of priviledge, of course. An incongruous combination. Oh, he just referred to himself as the "Educator in Chief". So that explains the sorry state of our public education system! Really - cows mooing sound more intelligent. Sorry if I just insulted some cows...


I spent a small fortune on books last week. I just finished reading Reliquary by Lincoln Child and Douglas Preston. I had part of the ending figured out by the middle of the book, and this one was a lot more greusome than Relic was - but overall it was an entertaining way to pass some of my free time over the last few days. I have two more books in my unread pile, as well as The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy that I'm still working my way through, slowly. I'm glad to have a three day weekend - we've gotten a few things accomplished around the house and I've been able to relax a little, too. I have to enjoy it, since we won't have another holiday until May. But coming up I have my 5th wedding anniversary (I gave strong hints that I'd like to go out to dinner and to a hockey game that night), and some activities planned with M. Another co-worker is leaving - got a promotion into another department, somehow. She wants to go to lunch, since we never were very social. Uh huh. There's kind of a reason for that, but I tend to think that the statement was meant more as an empty gesture and I won't have to feel obligated to have lunch. At least, I can hope.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

obligatory lunch? oh you must go.

B said...

I hate obligatory anything. With the burning intensity of a thousand imploding supernovas. Sooooo. No.