Jan 22, 2007

We've dropped anchor, but have yet to hit bottom.

William Randolph Hearst, always in search of sensational stories, once sent a telegram to a leading astronomer: "Is there life on Mars?" it read. "Please cable 1000 words."
The astronomer's reply? "Nobody knows" - repeated 500 times. (source: anecdotage.com)

I'm all alone here. One co-worker is taking an (apparently extended) leave of absence, and the other won't be here until later this week, for whatever reason. The boss had a meeting across the bridge. And, of course, M is in class. It's all blustery outside and it feels like rain. I had a terrible lunch experience today involving our cafeteria, which still has me grossed out. I've already told this story too many times today. Lets just say I'll never eat there again. And I mean it this time...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

of course? ...:( whats meant by that. where else I am supposed to be? :(



:( ok.

B said...

Um. I meant that you were in class, as to be expected, because it was after 2pm and you needed to be there and not here? I was just taking roll call, to establish the extent of my alone-ness yesterday. And more of the same today. You'd think that I could get more accomplished, huh? Well. No. Not happening...

My feet are freezing. I have toesicles. And finger pops. BRRRRRR!!