"That ain't no panda, lady..." (Pic courtesy of CNN)
I woke up to darkness this morning. How am I supposed to get out of bed when the sun is still dozing? What exactly is the benefit of the time change related to daylight savings? I don't see the point any more, other than to screw with people's sleep patterns. As less of an agri-centered economy and becoming more of an technological society do we really save energy by re-setting the clocks, or are we doing this because we're so used to it that it's just habitual now? I mean, apparently Europe doesn't do this, so it's not like this makes us more progressive. Show me data! I demand some hard evidence! To be honest I think it's a prime example of our country's ridiculously stubborn streak and resistance to change - the rest of the world looks at us and says (in very snide and bemused affected French accents, I imagine...) "Mon dieu! The Americans are trying to bend time to their will again. There they go acting like they just gave themselves one extra hour. Isn't that reeeediculous!". It IS!
I watched V for Vendetta over the weekend (finally - yes, I am that behind the curve). As a deeply closeted anarchist I found myself appreciating the message inherant in the story, and it was just beautifully filmed. There's been such a surge in well produced adaptations of graphic novels in recent years - I can't wait to see 300.
Getting all geared up for my son to enter Kindergarten in the fall. I'm going to miss our first choice school's open house and tour next week. I'll be in Orlando. Hopefully, my husband can take him to have a look around his new "big kid school". If he is granted attendance to our first choice (FYI - the state Choice attendance plan combined with the FCAT will very soon cause me to hate the public school system all over again) I may adjust my work hours once school starts so that I can walk him to school. We're not really sure what we're going to do about after school - whether we'll enroll him in after care or my in-laws will take him for the rest of the day. I guess we have to work on fleshing out all of the details before August.
1 comment:
aws!!! tis cute! hes growing fast!
Post a Comment