Aug 16, 2007

Brought to you by the letters F and U.

My boss is out today. Our primary purchasing system is down for updates, so we can't buy stuff unless we use our credit cards. I have tomorrow off. So, I feel like wasting some time and bringing you news from the internet! First, this is your umpteenth reminder that Elvis died 30 years ago today. And yes - he's still dead. Unless the aliens came for him and took him home. Or he's pumping gas in Nebraska or somewhere. Now that we've got that settled, on to more important things...

Quote the raven - "Forevermore": A Baltimore tour guide says that he invented the mysterious individual that supposedly brings three white roses and a bottle of cognac to Edgar Allen Poe's grave every year. As a way to popularize the grave site. But he also doesn't know who is doing it now. So I guess it's still somewhat of a mystery? From reading the article, the guy's a loon. A snazzy dresser, though, so that's something...

No longer just Idiot Boyfriend: Jimmy Fallon got married. It's not that interesting, but I just thought I'd mention it.

Rock you like a...well, you know how it goes...: Here we go again. May I be the first to throw out the initial "Hunker Down" of the season?

Also, my co-workers are making my job twice as difficult (and frustrating) as it needs to be. But it's always like this, so you'd think I would be used to it by now, huh?

This week's motto was: The Value of Hard Work Pales In Comparison to the Value of Blaming Others For Your Failures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thats a NO LOAFING sign, that is.
inspirational and all.