Aug 29, 2007

By lose I mean "run it over with my own car"...

I have a co-worker who has been moved to my office who swears she never loses anything. Today, when discussing how they'd moved the furniture the night before, she said she couldn't find her glasses, and wanted to look in the filing cabinet they'd moved from her office into mine (I have a metric ton of files, and needed more storage - paper free office MY ASS!). Then, later while she was sitting in my office talking to me while I pretended to listen and be concerned, someone from upstairs brought her keys that she'd left in their office. She's come looking for her keys in my office countless times since her first day. Don't even get me started on all of the paperwork that gets swallowed by the black hole that is her department's filing system (I'm starting to wonder if their former secretary filed everything under "circular", if you get what I mean). My departing colleague thinks that there is something wrong with this co-worker now sharing my space. He alluded to someone mentioning something about medication. I have noticed that her thought processes are all over the place and she's very easily distracted. Whatever the cause, it's none of my business, and honestly I don't really care, I just wish she'd stop freaking losing everything and then bragging about how organized she is. It's like she lives in bizarro-world, where in order to be efficient and professional you need to be careless and flighty.



Oh, and I'm suffering from a bout of insomnia - AGAIN!
So, if you see me today and I look like I want to curl up on the spot and sleep like the dead...it's because I do.
Maybe I need to sop staying up so late...ZZZZzzzzzzz...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really love that pic and caption.
so friggin true!