Let the countdown begin!!
They finally made one of my favorite Stephen King short stories into a movie. The Mist is King's homage to H.P. Lovecraft, and is totally creepy, the kind of tale that stays with you for a long, long time. I've been waiting for the release of the trailer. It made my skin crawl, which is a good sign, since when I read the story the first time I couldn't sleep for days. Admittedly, I have a very active imagination and scary movies freak me out (this from someone with an inexplicable affection for zombies...), but I remember going out with my husband and son about a week after I'd read the story, and as we came out of the store we'd been in I noticed it had gotten dark and fog had started rolling in. I got a little nervous and quickly buckled my son into his car seat and got in the truck in a hurry. It's really dumb, I know, and that's why I don't go out my way to watch scary movies very often. I don't know if the movie will be quite as creepy as the short-story, but you have to remember that the real terrifying aspect of the story is the subtext - how quickly people can dissolve into madness in the face of overwhelming horror and turn on one another. If you took the "monsters" out of the equation, it would still be a tense psychological drama with some very well developed characters. But, it does have monsters. And mist. And monsters coming out of the mist! So...yeah. I will not be seeing that in the theater on a dark and foggy night. *shiver*
2 comments:
that kitty is Nikki!!!
it purrs!!
and y'know what? I can no longer watch anything on thursdays; I have a STUPID CLASS IN TAMPA!
so p-i-s-s-e-d.
so. how are you?
You need a DVR. I don't know what I ever did without it.
Doing okay, all things considered. It's the last day of the three day weekend, so I guess I better make the most of it.
Post a Comment