
Have you ever had one of those days where you sit at work and wish they'd just go ahead and fire you, just to put an end to the aggravation? That's me today. I sit here and do twice the work my predocessor did, for signifigantly less money, and all I get is shit and more work and bad skin and a lot of stress. I don't want all of this. I don't get paid to deal with all of this. I'm tired. I want to get away. But there are no prospects for that this year, so I guess I slog it out as best I can and just dream of...something. Anything. I constantly feel like a fox chasing its own tail. I compare what I do all day to juggling chainsaws while balancing on a tightrope over a pit full of angry, rabid bears -- one false move and either you lose an arm or you lose the rope. Either way...you're screwed.
Things seem to be going fairly well at home, though, so it balances out I suppose. We're doing my son's room, and it's slow going - as usual. No project is ever as simple as we think it is, and they tend to drag out for much longer than we plan for. So the house is in total disarray, and I've given up on fighting it for now.
Complacency...it's the new angst!
No comments:
Post a Comment