He got the Viking Leif Erikson's sloppy seconds (tomorrow - October 9th - is officially Leif Erikson Day, for those keeping score at home).

(Map courtesy of lost-civilizations.net)
So here we are. Monday again.
The weekend was long, and not as productive as I'd have liked. Of course, after the stress of the last few weeks, any kind of weekend break is welcome. I slept half the day on Saturday, so that was kind of nice. I've been getting headaches and stomachaches again, so that's...not so nice. My sister came to stay for a little bit Saturday evening. I managed to misplace my husband's keys, so he had to take mine to his second job...and to say he wasn't very happy would be an understatement. Lets just say that I could videotape the moments when he gets really angry or stressed, and it would no longer be a complete mystery why his blood pressure is as high as it is. I found the keys later. In the bottom of my purse. I have no recollection of putting them in the purse, but obviously I did. But at least I found them.
My son's bedroom floor got stripped and buffed (and waxed), so we're that much closer to finishing it. The fan was a royal pain in the ass to install on Saturday, and required an electrician to change out the box in the ceiling that was too small (twenty minutes of work for a hundred dollars - so obviously, I made a massive error in my choice of vocation). And there were some tense moments when my husband dropped a screw in the motor of the fan as he was putting it up. So then he had to dismantle the wiring he'd spent the early part of the afternoon installing to take the fan down and get the screw out and he was getting very frustrated. Then, when he'd gotten the fan down and taken the cover off the motor, we realized that the screw had fallen out while he was taking the fan down. But the blasted thing is up now, and my son thinks it's really cool. And that's what counts.
Yesterday morning at breakfast my son said he wanted to be a zombie for Halloween. It makes me so proud!
1 comment:
aw!!! how cute!! zombie him! and take pics!
Post a Comment