Oct 20, 2007

What's better than a taser for pest control purposes?

The answer, at least according to a local police officer who sprayed at or near some Muscovy ducks right outside of the police station a few months back, seems to be pepper spray. This has been headlining news for a couple of days on our local 24-hour news loop, which I find both hysterical and pathetic. So let this be a lesson for all cops: pepper spray is for beligerant homeless people, not ducks. And always make sure there are no witnesses.

I received something in the mail the other day with this on the envelope:


My first reaction was to think "No, I suppose not. Neither is the viewing audience. Has that show been yanked from the airwaves yet?" Then I opened up the envelope and saw it was a marketing ploy for Geico - part of their "Up With Cavemen" campaign, with the tagline of "Cavemen are people too". Okay. But they JUST AREN'T FUNNY. And neither was this lame newsletter for car insurance that is lamely masquerading as entertainment that was clogging up my mailbox.

4 comments:

BluStaCon said...

pepper spray is for beligerant homeless people

Since when did they have to be beligerant?

have you seen the pepper spray ring? KA-CHOW!

B said...

I was out with my friend this weekend and she had mace in her pocket in case the homeless in downtown started to attack. A pepper spray ring would have been so mcuh more practical.

Anonymous said...

uh, helllo x-mas?

B said...

Yeah! The gift that keeps on giving!