Nov 16, 2007

Step lively! We can't afford to dilly-dally, we're on a tight schedule

The end of my week has been a real pisser. Between the news of necessary tooth pulling and the non-stop drama and scheming that's been going down at work the last couple of days, I just feel like turning my back on all unwanted annoyances and trying to get past the static. Unfortuately, the biggest unwanted annoyance pays my bills, and I like having a roof over my head. To add to all of my anxiety over my workload, and my pending tooth surgery, and my fianances, this morning as I was walking out the door to go to work I got a phone call from my son's before & after school program saying that he had just thrown up all over himself. Christ on a stick - his dad had just dropped him off no more than twenty minutes before. So now, I'm at home with a kid who thinks that he feels so much better (of course!) and now it is time to play, and I'm thinking about all the work that is now backlogged and all of the demands that have been coming before the things I really need to do. I am supposed to have a very important meeting later this afternoon, and I needed this morning to prepare for the meeting. So I'm screwed. Frustrating. I may even have to go in on Sunday (man, my husband is going to kill me for even entertaining that thought), just to catch up.

This weeks motto has been: The work keeps piling up and survivors are aimlessly wandering about...Oh, the HUMANITY!

Pictures with Santa and plans with M are what's on tap for tomorrow. She bought the little guy some costuming elements in the theme of the event we're going to as a surprise, and I greatly appreciate that. We've got the Tori Amos show next week (and I apologize for not being more hyped up about this, by the way). And I've got five days off coming up (not that I can really afford to take the time after the week I've had...). So for now, I'll focus on the holiday break to get me through. Deep breaths. Deeeep breaths.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aw, I think you'll get to catch up. It justs takes forever to struggle thru the muck around your knees...or eyeballs?
hey, at least you still have your forehead in the clear.
if you need help with anything (really whatever!) lemme know.
I know people.
We get things done! :)