Dec 14, 2007

The party's here on the West side.

Courtesy of The Jingler website, which claims to be able to turn any song into a Christmas tune (mostly via intermittant jingly jangly sleigh bell sounds), I give you Bat For Lashes "What's A Girl To Do", Christmas 2007 Edition (press the arrow below to play):





Upload your favorite songs and add some jing at The Jingler.

Also, in honor of the swiftly approaching holiday, here's one of my absolute favorite scenes from Invader Zim's Most Horrible X-mas Ever:



As an update to my previous post, I went to the party, took some food, and went back to my office. I was later informed that in my absence I had won one of the big door prizes. Not a t-shirt. A three night hotel stay at one of the local "luxury" hotels. So, my employer just gave me my anniversary present. Maybe it's a sign of my luck turning around? Or not.

My son amended his list for Santa today. It is now composed of a jet (toy or actual pilotable jet, he declined to clarify); a pet snake (WTF - the kid is afraid of lizards!); and a toy mouse (again - what??). I asked him if he had a choice would he pick those things over the bike he originally asked Santa for a month ago, and his answer was a minute of silence and then "Well...no. I think I want a bike." Silence, and I think this conversation is over, and then he adds "And a pet snake." I had to tell him that Santa has a policy of not transporting live animals in his sleigh. They scare the reigndeer. Now, if he had asked for a puppy, I would have no doubt caved. Just don't tell my husband...

For M...sorry I couldn't get you this for Christmas, but it was a little out of my price range - a single leatherbound copy of The Tales of Beeble the Bard, handwritten and illustrated by J.K. Rowling, recently sold for a ridiculous sum through Sotheby's auction house. You can see pictures and read some excerpts thanks to Amazon, and that will have to console you.

And I JUST saw a bootlegged theatrical trailer for The Dark Knight (and no - sadly I'm not re-posting or linking to it here but you can find it at wwtdd.com or movieweb.com until the studio serves them with a cease and desist like they did for YouTube).
Could the unthinkable be possible? Could Heath Ledger really be the quintessential Joker?

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr


*Sigh* I'm sitting here a little bored, and a little pissed (long story) as the strains of SpongeBob Squarepants plays behind me. I'm tired. I guess that's all for now...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

munch? or munich?

its ok, if I'm ever rich I'm boycotting sothebys, and I will as well, try to have their management undermined and their stock readjusted to the lowest denominator. why? they sell archaeological/anthropological/paleotological/paleobiological/paleobotanical/paleolimnological arifacts.

the bastards!!!!!

B said...

Munich, as in the city (which in German would be Munchen, mit umlaut)? No. Edward Munch's "The Scream", via lolcat.