"I'd love to do a character with a wife, a nice little house, a couple of kids, a dog, maybe a bit of singing, and no guns and no killing, but nobody offers me those kind of parts."
Yes - that is Walken as the Hessian from Sleepy Hollow. Shilling Nog. I love Fark. I really, really do. Because scouring 4/chan for images leads one down the dark path to creepytown.Oh, hey - according to some internet sources (and has been reported before) J.K. Rowling has considered (and still may be mulling over) the possibility of writing yet another Harry Potter book. She does give a little more insight into her vision of what the now grown members of the Potter posse would be up to (not enough Neville updates, grrr!), so the linked article may be worth a read. I know a person or two who wishes she'd hurry up with that damn encylopedia already.
Annnnd...saw the new Hellboy trailer. The original cast is intact. Can I just say....YESSSSS!
M - read a review tonight that says I Am Legend is almost awesome. Until the ending. Which is supposedly messy and awful and out of synch with the rest of the film. You'll tell me if it sucks. I trust your judgement.
4 comments:
I left a review on my blog, in answer to your comment.
it was ....ok. the ending totally made sense.
ppl don't get it these days when an ending doesn't involve heroics.
fact is, it grossed $78 mill, and he's been the number one paid actor in Hollywood for 4 years for a reason.
He actually *acts* when the script calls for it. He's really the only grown man I've seen cry on film, other than Samuel L. So what, real actors can only be black? What the ish.
jiggy-pokery!!! no more harry potter. I'd be sooooooooooo pissed, reading about Harry in his 30s. My Harry doesn't have children, doesn't have a wife, doesn't have a stable home life. I can't identify with that, so no.
Now, and encyclopedia, oh hells yes.
You liked the first Hellboy? Never saw it, ut the previews reminded me of Van Helsing. I thought you didn't like Selma Blair? Is that you? I'm so confused.
so yeah, for I Am Legend, think 'resident evil dogs', not zomb.ies.
p.s.
that!!! was the longest comment I've ever left.
its cause you're not on AIM,goddammit!!!
Yeah. I just don't really dig Will Smith's choice of roles sometimes, but I - begrudgingly - admit that he can act when he puts forth effort.
I don't care for Selma Blair, but I LOVE Ron Perlman, and the first Hellboy movie was kind of fun. Perlman's roles are often very...interesting and eclectic. Ever seen Quest for Fire? No real dialogue. Strange and awesome. The City of Lost Children - bizarre and awesome...and of course he was in the last Alien film as well as being cast as the Sayer of the Law in The Island of Dr. Moreau with Brando and Val Kilmer. In between films he does voice-over work. He's also rumored to be in an adaptation of H.P. Lovecraft's At The Mountains of Madness that's supposedly in pre-production right now. SO I have THAT to look forward to! *maybe* :)
I was on AIM until after midnight. I really needed to get away from the computer. I spend entirely too much time in front of this screen on the weekends.
This is a SPAM free blog. But thanks for trying.
Post a Comment