I'm currently half watching a Harry Potter movie marathon on the ABC Family channel and browsing the selections on eMusic while chatting via IM. I'm very bored. Every time I get a weekend without my son, unless I had prearranged plans to do something interesting and/or fun, I get bored. Then I sit on my butt playing on the internet for a few hours.Last night I went out to Borders to get some shopping done. I wandered around for over an hour and spent way more than I should have. Book stores are dangerous places for me, even when I'm shopping for other people. I did find the Office Space Box of Flair - it's full of buttons with quotes from the movie. Since I am the Milton of my office, you can be assured that I will be putting a few up on my bulletin board. After leaving Borders I met my husband at his regular weekend gig in time to join him and a couple friends for their Friday night ritual of going to the local wing place. We were waited on by two members of the restaurants's cadre of Bulgarian servers, who taught us a little of the language - "beer" is a pretty universal word, it would seem.
We're supposed to get the Christmas decorations out tomorow and start getting ready for the holiday. How can I conceivably do that when it's 80 degrees outside?
A few things of note:
- There's a book swap at work coming up. I need some advice on which book to bring. I'm currently torn between the Zombie Survival Guide and I'm a Lebowski, You're a Lebowski. Opinions? Other suggestions?
- Currently I'm reading Food of the Gods by H.G. Wells and The God of Animals by Aryn Kyle.
- Looking forward to Sci-Fi's 3-part miniseries Tin Man starting tomorrow. I enjoyed Merlin and a couple of the others that Sci-Fi has done in the past. I tried watching King Arthur the other night and it was awful, really - a miserable retelling of the Arthurian tales and even Clive Owen couldn't redeem it for me.
- Shift work may cause cancer, according to some research that will probably be contradicted by some other study in six months. But until then - to my former employer I say: Thanks for the carcinoma! bastages...
- Why the internet is cool - images of space, one of my favorite mathematical sequences (a little hapahazardly explained here, but A for effort anyway) and a song by Tool:
(You can read more about the sequencing of the lyrics)
6 comments:
the new layout totally THREW me!
and don't post Phelps (twins) picks unless you're serious about the pixelage and bigger size. cause oh. my. weasley. I love them.
being bored can be a good thing.
PICS*
Yeah, I figure I can play around with this one more. I'll probably make a custom header, and tweak the rest of it accordingly.
All I have of Fred & George are icon size :(
I watched Sorcerer's Stone tonight and MY GOSH were they just adorable, those two.
I know!!!!
can you believe they're a year younger than me? its not fair.
Congrats on the new look. Well done. Also, thank you for using the word bastages, I haven't heard that in a while.
Thanks! I like this layout because it has a lot more flexability and I can finally work on giving the blog an identity. I went with another word originally, but I felt it might have been pushing things a bit, so I practised self censorship.
Post a Comment