Why is everything so difficult with some people? I come in today, and the first thing that happens is I am inundated with stupid questions and requests - nay, demands - for information that I just don't have at my disposal and do not fall within the sphere of my responsibility. I'm tired of having to lead people to solutions (or explain the lack thereof) when they're supposedly above me on the corporate ladder. I want my peers to also start thinking for themselves and finding solutions to
their problems instead of trying to make them
my problems (since I really do have enough of my own, thanks). I am constantly behind because I'm answering questions that I
really shouldn't need to be answering, covering the gaps in our steadily diminishing staffing, and generally being the "team player" that the former boss insisted I needed to become. It wears a sister down, let me tell you. Not to mention that I've somehow become the secret confessor to the disgruntled masses -- people from other departments are coming to me to voice their grievances and help them look for other jobs. It's bizarre and not as satisfying as one might think. I'm having one of those "Why am I here?" days, for sure. Last week one of my co-workers (who I think of as
demi-boss) was having a bad week and, while bemoaning the fact that she's not a drinker but she could really use a drink, asked me how I manange to not go crazy with all of the demands and expectation. I looked at her in all seriousness and said "I don't manage it.".
(I don't take anti-depressants...there would be no need for this blog if I did)
At least M should be here later to share a coffee with me and gossip. Hopefully the bosses will be back by then so that I can step out.
In other non-news, someone has been having an awful lot of peeks at my limited-access MySpace page. That usually means that my husband's slightly obsessed ex-girlfriend from about twelve years ago is about to send me another message, which will as usual go unanswered. This is why my account is set to private and why none of my accounts on any social networking site or this blog link to one another, and why the blog is kept, for the most part, fairly anonymous. Better to be safe than sorry.
2 comments:
...you didn't share any of this with me. I hope everythings ok.
you need a comfy couch in that office.
blogging is love. it has saved me from a lot. glad we agree.
Well, sometimes I just feel like all I talk about is work. It infurtiates me sometimes. So I put it in the blog and let it go. Or, I try to. There were a couple of things I would have told you, but I wasn't comfortable naming names and delving into details while still within the perimeter of work. I'd rather vent while farther away - you never know who might be standing around the corner overhearing it all.
Post a Comment