Jan 2, 2008

Apathy isn't just a skill, it's a defense mechanism.

It was Introvert Day today. Or, as I like to call it..."Wednesday". I spent it, appropriately, by napping and not answering the phone, which are the things I normally do when I don't have to go to work and I have no reason to go outside and interact with others. I also made slow-cooker chili that turned out awesome. Now we're watching episodes of Dirty Jobs that we'd recorded during the New Year's Day marathon. I'm trying to enjoy this as much as possible since I go back to work tomorrow. This, along with the fact that what remains of our Christmas tree is now sitting by the curb, signifies the end of the holidays. Of course it gets cold now. It's not even that cold, really, although they may get snow in the panhandle. I'm off to make some cocoa, in any case.

Updates...It's currently Thursday. The boss will be out until next week. The receptionist will be out indefinitely due to a family emergency. So the co-worker that is sharing the space with me for the next two days has been venting to me about all of these problems that came up while I was out and she was the only one here. Today she is a little...well, there's a word for it, but I'll be nice and say she's under stress because things are going so wrong for her departments. Meanwhile, I'm not stressing simply because one would have to give a care to stress over some of these things. And not giving a care is the new black. Seriously. It goes with everything!

I am a little aggravated because no one is here to operate the complicated coffee making apperatus that practically requires an engineering degree, the cafeteria is closed, and the dispensers in the break room are out of order. So I'm caffeine free against my will. It's lunch time, so I think I'll brave the chill and walk over to the B&N to get a hot beverage in a little while.


M - here's a reason to go back to ORL this year: Universal overhauled the Earthquake ride into something a little different - and it features a projection of Christopher Walken. According to the Sentinel article I read today "...the audience watches a projection of Walken -- portraying a fictional movie director named Frank Kincaid -- run onto the stage, talk to them, walk in front of, and behind, real furniture on the stage, and interact with a live actor there. Slated for a Jan. 17 grand opening, the attraction has been open sporadically for previews during the past couple of weeks, drawing consistent, widespread wonder from employees and visitors alike..."


Doesn't that sound like seven different levels of awesome!?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your in-depth updates.
makes me feel like I haven't missed too much.
I will DEF go back to ORL with ya, just! for that, haha.
we can find an itinerary to fill out the day, HEY!!! maybe we can take the tike, or it could be just us. another concerto??

must. make. plans!!!!!!!

also, I will be in Clearwater tomorrow night I think; if I am, and you're up after 9:30 (vhich I a-know you arrrre) can I stop by? Just to chat for a bit before I head on home. I really don't want to drive all the way up there just to say hi to Katie and try to chat with her and everybody else.
yes? no?

B said...

I'd love to take the little guy, either back to Universal, IOA, Sea World or Disney. I have to see how the year shakes out, but since I don't think we're taking an extended vacation this year theme parks are the way to go.

There are NO good shows upcoming, and the best movies won't be out until later this year. So we may be bereft of plans for the early part of '08.

Yes! Come by the stye...I mean house! I will be up - Fridays are my 1 AM nights, ya know. My couch is broken, so you can have the chair. :)

Anonymous said...

aw thanks. I'll take it!!

bereft of plans? my dear mine ears don't know the meaning.

B said...

Man, I hate when the text gets all funky and compressed because of the HTML div breaks. pfeh.