What makes someone decide to pursue dentistry as a vocation? I pondered this question while the above song went through my head about a dozen times during my three hours in the dentist's chair this morning. Take a tip fro me kids: take care of your teeth! Root canals are never a good time. I kept my eyes closed most of the time, so I can't really tell you specifics of what was done (for the adventurous/disturbed I suppose there's plenty of graphic information about this procedure to be found on the internet) - I just know there was a lot of Novocain, even more drilling and prodding, and some very nasty tastes involved. I now have a temporary crown in place for two weeks. It's proving kind of difficult to eat, since every time I try to chew even very soft foods (and on the opposite side of my mouth), I manage to make contact on the crown with my upper molars. This causes a dull thudding ache to spread from my molar with the crown up my jaw. The crown is slightly bigger than my other molars, so it doesn't quite fit right. I'm hoping that when some of the swelling goes down it won't be quite as sensitive.
I had planned to take the whole day off, but since it was payroll week I went in at a point in the afternoon once the numbness had gone away and I could talk without sounding like I'd had a stroke. My co-workers knew why I was out, but when I popped in to let the boss know I was there to approve payroll so that we could all get paychecks, he acted like he hadn't even realized I had not been in all day. Sometimes I think that I could just not show up at all and he wouldn't even know unless someone pointed it out to him. Some day, if I wish upon a star maybe, I'll get a boss who acknowledges my existance. If I'm really lucky I'll get one who cares...maybe even one who gives feedback and tells me whether I'm actually doing a half-way decent job. Boy, that would be dreamy.
Just...Blah:
4 comments:
how ya doin??
I'm...okay. I'll be posting an OMGWTFBBQ-tastic update tonight before I retire to my budoir for some blissful vicodin enhanced slumber.
Have I mentioned lately that modern dentistry practices are still pretty freaking barbaric? I just think it bears repeating.
Barbarians!! *shakes tiny ineffectual and overwraught fist*
Sorry I had to delete that last comment, but seriously...how many times do I have to say "I don't like SPAM!"??
Post a Comment