Today I found out a co-worker had been nominated for our equivalent of "employee of the year". I have determined that the only way to ever be nominated myself is not to have a strong drive to get things done or a willingness to quietly toil and risk suffocation under a ridiculous workload. Nope. The answer is to be passive-agressive, clueless, and willing to attend as many pointless meetings where nothing gets accomplished as possible. So there you have it. My route up the corporate ladder of success is now quite clear.A male acquaintance (a friend of my husband) stopped by to see me earlier, and got to witness me talking on the phone with a coworker while pantomiming throttling them. After I hung up he told me that I'm cute when I'm angry. Considering how much time my emotional range is downshifted into quasi-homicidal rage you'd think I'd be the most irresistable chick on the whole damn planet. It was kind of sweet, though, and put a smile on my face for a little while today.
M - thanks for the visit yesterday. Just like old times! I really do miss that stuff.
I have plans to have drinks with my departing coworker and someone from upstairs after work. This should be...interesting. I can't imagine what kind of gossip I'll be exposed to, but I'm sure I won't be disappointed.
Update: There ended up being five of us. These women are freaking crazy! We spent two hours at the bar of the local tapas restaurant, passing around platefuls of amazing food, drinking (some more than others), alternately amusing and offending the other patrons at the bar as well as the bartenders, and generally seeing a side of each other we'd never seen before. Good times. Good times...
3 comments:
comment!!!!!!!!!
you can be cute when you're angry. not trying to undermine your rageous power, but yes, its true.
no need to miss that stuff, we'll do it more often.
glad you had a good time, more of that!!
:) FEB 9th FEB 9th FEB 9th!!!!!!!!!!
Mmmm. Baklava and hot Greeks. I am SOOOO there.
oh I dunno if I'd call them hot...
hopefully this year they are, yes. haha.
Post a Comment