I have had a headache for two days and it's making me grumpy and sick. I'm actively looking for a new job. I just can't deal with people's attitudes here anymore - I'm always getting flak for wanting to work within the bounds of the rules. Sorry if my sometimes limited understanding of policies and determination to not break a law and get fired is getting in the way of whatever stupid project you're planning. I don't get paid to be everyone's monkey. I've lost all interest in doing my job (whatever in the heck it IS anymore). I want to curl up in a ball under my desk and sleep. Except there's a mouse loose in the building, so it might not be the best idea.
I ate lunch and disbursed some of my latent angst into the atmosphere, so I feel a little better right now. I still have that edgy feeling of discontentment, though, and until something is done to resolve some of my compensation and workload issues I'm probably not going to be very pleasant to work with. But don't tell my coworkers - I like seeing their reactions when I go off like a defective firecracker and threaten to quit. It is my sole (and secret) joy right now.
Oh - and this was my 300th post. As the kids say: WOoot!
6 comments:
congrats on 300! that a whole lotta vent you have going there!
Thanks! I'm one angry little hobbit! It's either vent here or take it out on my coworkers...but I'm not really into being brought up on assualt charges.
hobbit. aw. have you accepted your shire in life??
it lies on the other side of the job you have now.
let me know if I can ever help, in any way.
!!! It was good to see you. It reminds me how much I miss you. I try to be all normal when we chill, but deep down I'm all "dang, we never cut up like this as much as we used to".
seriously. be in ta see ya soon.
Are you going to stop in this week maybe?
I was going, but they kept me at the fundraising table all 2 hours on Monday.
Lo siento!!!
What time? I would've stopped by! I saw they had pizza for sale.
Post a Comment