Attempted post on Wednesday: The mood is very cranky around the ol' jobsite these days. Everyone is very tense and edgy, each for their own personal reasons. The organization has been put on a sort of warning status, and we're at risk of losing a lot of ground in the pursuit of financial and administrative independence. On top of the budget "crisis" that has caused a lot of headaches from the top down (and the bottom up). My boss and I have a meeting scheduled to talk about the upcoming year and reigning in his toadie who he has delegated too much authority to - she's been overstepping her bounds again. Only now she's crapping all over the new receptionist as well, and telling us both what she thinks our jobs are. I've played nice and been very, very patient for a year while the bosses both got settled into their respective roles, but now they know their jobs and I know mine for the most part. If only people would leave me alone and let me get it done...
Attempted post on Thursday: I'm watching some truly awful new show called Fear Itself - I should really be watching the Twilight Zone marathon instead - and reading about how Gary Oldman may have outed that The Riddler may be one of the villains in the next Batman movie (Oh please if it isn't Anthony Michael Hall, let it be Crispin Glover - although Wiki claims that both David Tenant and David Hyde-Pierce have expressed interest...and when are we going to get a fresh villain like, say, Harley Quinn?) and that Christian Bale objects to any possibility to Robin being introduced in the series while he's attached to the franchise. Because Robin drags everything down into a dark vortex of effeminate acrobatics and spandex and ultimate suck. Don't even get me started on how Batgirl makes the Earth reject its axis and causes whole worlds to come to their firey end. Batman works best alone, end of story.
Attempted post on Saturday: On Thursday night my husband and I took my son to meet up with some of our coworkers at a local British-themed pub for fish-n-chips and gossip. The assistant to one of the bosses upstairs invited me and my son out with her and her grandsons the next day. It was a nice way to spend the 4th - we went to a local nature park and walked the boardwalk looking for alligators, then back to my coworkers house for swimming and lunch. Her older grandson and my son had a lot in common and seemed to bond pretty quickly. We'll have to get them together again some time. The fireworks that night were great, even though we didn't go out anywhere - instead we just sat on the front porch and watched the neighbors blow stuff up to celebrate the nation's birthday as mosquitos feasted on our tender flesh. At least this year my son didn't run screaming into the house in terror...
Post for Monday - success...kind of: Oh, the three day weekend. Makes having to come back in to work just that. much. harder. The boss is back. I scheduled the meeting for tomorrow, late in the day - just in case I do something regretable like shout or my telekinesis acts up again and stuff gets broken. (Kidding!) This is a short, but already rather stressy, week. I'm already behind, and our new year *just* started. Nothing like setting a precedent early. I can't tell if I spelled "precedent" correctly because my coworker appropriated my dictionary for her use. My personal dictionary is now sitting on her bookshelf. Right next to the dictionary she already had...
I'm halfway packed for our trip this weekend, and I'll get the confirmations and directions together tonight - my husband is very particular about having that kind of thing ready way ahead of time. I threw away one of my son's magazines (because it was for preschoolers), and now he's a little mad at me. Next time I'll have to make sure he's not still reading something before I get rid of it, I guess.
We're buying a new shed to replace the one we have now which wasn't constructed right and leaks. The new shed will be all fancy and custom built, and will provide the storage we need to keep from having to stuff boxes in the attic or trip over the vacuum. We'll have the rep come by tomorrow and scope out where we want the shed installed, and then as soon as we come back from our trip we'll make the arrangements for the actual installation. All of our landscaping projects hinge on getting the new shed, so this should kick start some industry around my house. As it is I'm feeling like I got trampled by a moose because of the yard work (and the swimming) I did over the weekend. Most of my muscles are so tight I can barely move - I've been shuffling around work like an arthritic penguin all day.
No comments:
Post a Comment