Jul 24, 2008

Just like Jell-O, there's always room for drama

This morning I got pulled into my boss's office so that he could ask me about a rumor that was brought up at the supervisor's meeting yesterday. Somehow my name got dragged into this whole issue of someone supposedly maybe making a threatening comment towards or about someone else at some point last week - according to a supervisor who heard second hand that I was party to the original comment, which I assured my boss that either I was not or if the statement was made in my presence I must have passed it off as innoculous (or ridiculous) enough to have not even registered it, since I don't remember such a statement having been made at all. I barely remember what I did yesterday, let alone anything anyone might have said to me in passing about someone else a freaking week ago. You know...I have worked too hard for too long at this place to have my professional reputation sunk because someone has so much time on their hands (and so little sense in their heads) to go yapping off at the mouth or making crap up completely. It is bad enough that I've been reluctantly brought into the festering pile of seething resentments brewing under that same supervisor, now people want to associate my name with hearsay. That's just great! Thanks so much, coworkers who I have wasted valuable time and energy attempting to mentor and motivate and help succeed, for you will be the tools of my inevitable downfall, apparently. And here all this time I thought my doom would be a result of my extreme procrastination and my overwhelming personal and professional apathy. I guess I've just got to work even harder at not trying and not caring...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

um...what?
no. working harder at not caring is the antithesis of not caring. just don't care. just watch that therapist fall over from a heart attack and go out with your girlfriend (me) who wears too much flair.

just don't even try.
and this sounds unnecessarily ugly. I would def say so too. never pass up an opportunity to give a piece o yo mind.

B said...

Flaiiiirrrr!

Oh, I gave a peice of my mind and then some yesterday to the person who thinks she's my boss but she's not. There were slightly raised voices (well, mine, anyway), and I said "Don't give me that crap" at least once. I'm sooo tired of being everyone else's little do-girl. I'm done being compliant.

Anonymous said...

you said "don't give me that crap" ?!?!!?

B, you r mai hero. srsly.

so awesome.

B said...

Heck lotta good all that wasted breath did me. BUT - I *think* the boss is becoming wise to her scheming and anti-truthful ways. Or he's just aggravated by the whole lot of us. The next six months could be interesting.