Jul 18, 2008

What's that sound? Millions of geeks squealing like joyful little girls...

I *just* watched trailer for The Watchmen, which comes out next year. This might end up being, from the looks of it, one heck of an adaptation. And Jeffrey Dean Morgan is in this?! Well okay then!




Of course, it's not as universally known as the Batman series, I don't suppose, so there *may* be a bit of a marketing problem. At the least it will put some coin in Alan Moore's pocket, from all of the uninitiated running out to buy the novel after seeing the movie.

I also saw the teaser trailer for Half Blood Prince. Settle down - it was nothing to write home about, just the title graphic and Dumbledore saying one line of dialogue. If you really must see it, I've got you covered. I know that M is really looking forward to that one, so I hope that she's home to go with me when it comes out.

And we all know what movie everyone will be seeing this weekend. Everyone except me. I'm going to wait until some of the hub-bub dies down, and then drag my totally disinterested spouse out on a "date night" against his will. I may have to ply him with alcohol. It's gonna be good times! For those enduring the hype blitz to see The Dark Knight promptly upon release - have fun! Please try to avoid spoilers for the rest of us lagabouts, pleasekthnx!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will DEF be home to see it with you.

I have been having a Heath Ledger movie marathon ( I miss him...) and I am preparing myself to see the new Batman. I know it will be good.

Anonymous said...

omg!!!! blogger let me comment!

B said...

I know! It's a miracle! ;D