Aug 6, 2008

Remains of the meh

Yesterday I had this nagging headache, which had persisted for two days. I had (and still have) work to do, but I just can't wrap my brain around it or attempt to care if it goes undone. So I've been avoiding it by arguing with idiots on the internet. Horray for deep-seeded ignorance and the outlet that allows it to be spewed forth for the whole world to bear witness, and that allows others to mercilessly mock it. Which, I admit, is kind of an effort in futility, but it provides me a modecum of joy.

Some of my coworkers have been getting very tricky lately. It is a known fact that if I am busy I sometimes won't answer my phone - I am even less inclined to answer even if I'm not busy if certain people are calling. So now those certain people, instead of leaving me a voice message when my phone goes unanswered, will then call the receptionist to "check" to see if I'm in. And she promptly transfers their call. Every. Single. Time!

I still don't know if I'll be working here or in the administration hub after the summer. Did I ever mention how much I hate loose ends? And I would hate to have the old "Oh, hey, tomorrow you start that new job we've been dragging our feet on for months. Hope you've got all your projects finished" pulled on me. because that is just crap.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmm, well you know that is what will happen, so watch them carefull.y.

B said...

Like a hawk I will be!

Anonymous said...

err. convinced am I. eerrr. transformed you will beeh. ergh.