The boss invited a couple of us lackeys out to lunch today. I'm curious as to what the will be discussed. I always find out the most interesting bits of news at these lunches.
News stories that have recently caught my eye:
- Vanderbilt museum is considering selling a 38 foot tall (approximately life-size) T-Rex replica that was originally made for promoting the movie version of 'Jurassic Park'in the 90s. They should call me if they've got a velociraptor they need to offload...
- Actual Discovery article headline:'Male Whales Prefer Enormous Females'...feel free to smirk and titter amongst yourselves.
- Tom Hanks has been asked to switch on the LHC as part of a promotion for his crappy new movie based on the sequel to the crap-fest that was 'The DaVinci Code', because the plot of the second book/movie somehow involves antimatter stolen from CERN. I'm sure that Hanks and Opie will take an interesting idea for a plot (even as ridiculous as Dan Brown is able to twist it and junk up the science) and make it the most dull sequence of improbable events ever captured on celluloid.
3 comments:
yeah, and its the most bloody and exciting book Brown has ever written.
making them the most annoying combo of actor/director EVER!!!!!!!
glad you're feeling better.
I am sad that I'm not a millionaire, at times like these. I would probably buy that piece of jurassic park crap.
I would smile at them every time they make a comment and say something warm and sweet like "Hi! Its beautiful out today! I took a great walk around campus before coming in and its just lovely. You should TRY it."
that should piss them off more.
I had to delete that novel I wrote, it was too...incriminating. Suffice it to say, this bit says it all: life would be so much simpler if my coworkers were robots. Then if they went all stupid, all I'd have to do is reprogram them.
I can't smile at the guilty party - I've been warned off of even looking at them when I enter that office (which my boss has asked us to do much less of, to minimize the [manufactured] tension). Everyone is walking around on egg shells around her, and I've run out of sympathy. I guess acting like you're having a melt down will get people to reat you like you're made of porcelain, emotionally and/or will go all psycho-stabby with the letter opener at the slightest (perceived)provocation.
Post a Comment