Mar 5, 2009

Exit, stage left - pursued by angry mob

It's kind of awesome to hear the folks in HR making fun of the pseudo-drama happening in the CEO's suite. The receptionist wanted to go get coffee out of the break room over there, and her manager offered to go along with her for protection. Then one of the reps busted out a Harry Potter reference, saying they needed to invest in an invisibility cloak. Either the CEO's assistant doesn't know that she's allowed herself and this situation she's spawned to become a huge running joke and people are now laughing at her, or she just doesn't care. I'm staying out of that suite as much as possible, not because I might be intimidated by her - I'm not. I just get tired of the lectures from managment who have to waste their time on something so trivial when we've got serious problems with staffing and money. But...the CEO let it happen, and no one is questioning any of it, so I only hope she knows what kind of example she's allowing to be set in her own office. It basically screams: Be as big of a biotch as possible and alienate those around you in order to get a modicum of power if it makes you feel better about yourself while you sacrifice everyone's morale on the sword of your own bitterness. So, no one should be terribly surprised if others begin testing the waters using these ridiculous tactics.

If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door. ~ Paul Beatty

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I attempt to stay out of things too. I don't answer emails, I don't talk to anyone. its very not like myself at all. but if its what I have to do, then, hey! I'm doin it.

I'm about to sacrafice the people I work with on the sword of my own righteousness. heehee. sucks for them. huh.

I like that quote. lets carve one out together. a trap door that is, not a Paul Beatty.