Mar 19, 2009

Negative karmic indicators

I found a lump on my dog's abdomen, just behind her left leg. It is soft, and moves a little under her skin when you touch it. I don't have enough experience with cancer to know if that is what I'm dealing with. And I'm afraid to confront the possibility just yet. This is why I was awake until around 2 a.m. - I sat up worrying over it and couldn't shut my brain off long enough to get any decent sleep. She's ten, so it figures that everything would be going wrong with her health. I had taken her into the vet again for another hematoma at the beginning of the week, but we're letting this one heal on its own instead of putting her through surgery a second time. I suppose, looking back a the experience of the first occurrance, we could have done that for the first one, but I was going off of the advice of another clinic that surgery would be the best option. I just wonder how long that bump has been there, and whether the vet would have caught it if she didn't know to look for it?


Yesterday as I was leaving work, the Tannenator's assistant told me that there had been reports of a possible planned shooting at an area Wal-Mart. Of course, no one knew which one, so I was told to avoid all of them. This was no problem, since I make every effort to not patronize the Empire That Sam Walton Built on general principle, but I was immediatly doubtful at any rate. This sounded like typical chain-letter urban legend scenario bull. It wasn't mentioned on the sites for the local papers, or the news stations. I didn't expect it to be. But oddly enough, at some point last night, I got the following mysteriously anonymous text message from some number I don't recognize:

FWD: Don't go 2 any walmarts 2nite there will be an gang initiation and they have to kill 3 women at each Walmart. Tell all ur loved ones Be safe

You've gotta love technology sometimes...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a friend in Kansas City that received the same threat last night.
I have a gun, so I ain't afraid of no shootin's.

are you going to have her checked?