Apr 10, 2009

Fan-girl euphoria buoyed by a massive sugar high

This has been a more awesome day than I expected. First, I browsed the CDP's latest installment of Lost Friday captions (I look forward to these posts every Friday and will be left with an empty void once the show and/or Lost captions come to their eventual end), then I found out I got one of the employee of the year awards (SSSHHHH it's a a big fat secret - I'm not supposed to know until they actually give them out next week), then there were cupcakes at the reception desk (I've only had one I swear) and THEN MST3K's Mike Nelson actually RT'd me to respond to a reply I made to one of his Twitter posts*. The squeals coming from my office were so high pitched, all the dogs within a three block radius broke out in a chorus of frantic barking and the glass in the administrative office doors shattered.


Best. Day. Ever!


*(Only some of these things are true...I had two cupcakes because I'm a pathetic glutton with a crippling frosting addiction)

4 comments:

Mom said...

Well, I say it's about time. Congratulations. Definately deserved!!

B said...

Thanks. It comes with a monetary award - that's what I'm most excited about right now. The plaque will be nice too, of course.

m said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

an awesome day indeed. & you totally deserve all of it.

Kim Tracy Prince said...

I had a day (or ten) like that when Neil Gaiman tweeted my twitter post. You go, girl!