May 19, 2009

I am obviously in the wrong line of work...

I came across this amazing employment opportunity today while browsing some job boards:

Shelf Management Specialist II forKraft Foods, Inc.

And, what, pray tell, does that entail, you might be wondering? Well, allow the posting itself to shed some light on that:

The Shelf Management Specialist II manages all activities relating to optimizing assortment and shelf management with retail customers. The Shelf Management Specialist II is a seasoned expert on all field sales space management technology and applications and is expected to meet or exceed the established shelving principles and standards for all Kraft Foods divisions. The Shelf Management Specialist II is the customer’s preferred expert in shelf management and contributes to volume growth of all Kraft categories. The position is actively involved with the assigned Customer Business Teams and contributes to and shares responsibility for meeting the team’s volume targets. * 3-5 years exp direct account selling & shelf management responsibilities* 3-5 years in the CPG industry* Strong knowledge of analytics and problem solving* 3 years exp in Syndicated Scanner Data

And, I'm sure your curiosity is now piqued about what level of education might be required to become a Kraft corporation expert in shelving principles and standards. Well, I must say, I was also more than a little inquisative. And according to Kraft, they want a Bachelors degree for this glorified retail sales position. But, in all seriousness, I have to wonder...
Where exactly does one attain an undergrad degree in Shelf Management? The University of Ikea?

1 comment:

m said...

my Mom wants to apply to thi. lol!