My co-workers birthday was Saturday. It was news to me. Apparently she tried dropping hints to her supervisor (who does not celebrate his own birthday - for personal reasons). Today when I got in, my other co-worker (who we'll call Bill) bought her a muffin and made her a card. We all felt kind of bad that we didn't get to acknowledge her birthday properly (well, everyone but me, but we all know I'm kind of callous...). When the supervisor got in she mentioned it to him, and his response was "Well, you should have told me about it. And anyway, it's something that's important to you, not to me. You'll get over it." That floored me. No "Hey, wow, sorry, I want to make that up to you" or anything. Then later, they had a conversation about something and I heard him say "Some people have that time of the week". Say what! I really don't understand their relationship - both professional and personal. But I would've laid into him for that one. It's just inappropriate.
Makes me grateful for my friends. They love me and always celebrate my birthday, even when I don't want to.
1 comment:
Indeed, on both counts.
I can't believe he said that.
Like I said earlier, nobody, no matter their station in life, likes to be treated like that.
He later asked her if she wants to go to lunch; like that makes it better. Who wants to go to lunch with someone like that. Birthdays are special for everyone, b/c you're celebrating the fact that you're still alive, X number of years!!! Geez! People don't really celebrate death days now do they!!!!!!
ugh. Don't get me started on his constant PMS. I'm about to Midol his fricking diet coke.
Post a Comment