Nov 1, 2006

Got a story. Wrote a blog about it.

Something funny happened this afternoon. One of the lower admins came over to talk to the boss. While she was there, she got a call on her cell phone, so the boss says to her, without thinking "Get your vibtrator...I mean..." Then, she walks out to take her call, and he's laughing so hard he literally fell out of his chair. While knocking things off his desk. And he somehow managed to either hit the wall or the desk, dislodging a clock from the wall in the office next door. Oh. My. God.

Before all of this went down, though, I had the chance to talk to the boss about some things. He confirmed some suspisions and alleviated some fears. I just have a hard time watching the administrative gears grinding sometimes. Especially when it seems like they're more like spinning wheels. I have payroll issues to resolve come tomorrow. *this is where I'd put the sad smiley*

My husband is pretty excited about an upcoming opportunity (that sort of reads like a crappy on-line tarot reading...I am my own Miss Cleo -- "Call me now"!).


We're making some progress on the home-demolition projects that are supposed to be finished by the beginning of December. Will they be finished? Let me consult my crystal ball...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh dang. its funny. and even slightly sexist, to say the least.
he takes calls all the time during meetings. how did she respond??? she couldn't be happy about it. what a career move here.

B said...

She was laughing, but I could tell she was embarassed.