Apr 3, 2007

Gratuitous speed. Now with more cleavage!

Alright. My vote for most blatantly formulaic and totally unecessary movie of the year so far goes to...RedLine. Aka: The Fast and the Furious 4: More Furiouser. Or RedLine: Still 2 Fast, Still 2 Furious - tagline "This time, it's combustable". It's basically crashing cars and bewbs - and it's everywhere (just have a peek at the movie's Myspace page to see where the emphasis is and the marketing is blatantly targeted - the top five search results all pointed back to MySpace but you can see the trailers on the official movie site. Not that I'm advocating that. In fact, I'm a little ashamed I'm even spending this much time talking about this movie...). At first glance I thought the chick in the trailer (Nadia Bjorlin - I know, you're thinking "Who?", right? Exactly...) was funny car driver John Force's daughter, Ashley. I'm pretty sure Ashley Force (or any member of her family...or hell, any member of my family) could out-drive the tarted up skank in RedLine. Now there's a movie plot - what happens when a professional driver challenges a slutty "actress" to a dangerous high-speed road race in rare expensive cars? Cinema gold! Throw in tons of t&a, heavily coordinated crash sequences to break up what poses as a "plot", the ubiquitous rapper, the way too pretty bad boy with a heart of gold and run laughing all the way to the bank. Wait. That sounds familiar...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

t&a. yeah. cause a guy's P!&a just ain't making the final cut right? surrrrrre.

B said...

You can't just type "penis"? And noooo thanks. Male frontal nudity on a ginormous movie screen is twenty times less appealing than some scantily clad hoochies, as much as I hate that too. And any guy will tell you that penis and cut don't belong in teh same sentence. Ever!

Erica Ortiz said...

I wouldn't mind having Driving Force: The Movie with Ashley & company. I'm sure it'd be every bit as entertaining.