Jun 25, 2007

The line for not giving a care starts here

Haha. So this is me. Officially just not giving a care. I'll do what I have to do, and not a modecum of work more. And you can't make me. So. There. And from some of my half-whispered conversations with other people here, I'm not the only one. I applied for a job at a private school today. I'll be applying to another public school locally tomorrow. That's part of my new not-giving-a-care mental health regimen. Also, the budget year is wheezing to its consumptive end, so there's only so much I can do right now that really counts for anything. There was so much I didn't manage to accomplish and get a handle on that I feel like the last six months doing this job (and doing it someone else's way) were largely a waste, and that's so frustrating to me. And it's becoming ever more apparent that surface matters over susbstance here. If the adminsitration has their way, before too long we won't have anywhere within a reasonable distance to park. Two words: trellises and bouganvilla. Why? Because they look nice. You know what else looks nice? A few extra bones in the old bank account. Lining my pockets buys my obedience and continued acquiesence. You wouldn't want me to take out my over-worked, low-moraled angst on the bouganvilla, would you?

Now for the things I can give a care about...I have big plans for the rest of the summer. The fifth Harry Potter movie with M. The water park across the bridge with my mom, my little sister and my son. Blazing Saddles in a theater that sells booze. Maybe Miami with M (if the stars align themselves in my favor). As the young people say these days: Woot!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good for you. coverin your ass and checking your exits.

this summer is just starting to pick up!! woot indeed!