Tick...Tick...Tick. Just when you thought it was safe to turn on the local news. I submit for your approval: the infamous Hiccup Girl. She's baaaack. I really hope this is the winding down of her fifteen minutes. My favorite part of the story is how she's making her second visit to the Today Show, and "NBC is paying the family's travel and lodging expenses". Of course they are! What a lesson her parents are allowing to be imparted on their daughter: having something wrong with you gets you perks that just being "normal" doesn't, and is the only way to get noticed if you're not particulary pretty or very smart (i.e - to be mildly interesting enough to get on tv, on the radio, and in the newspaper). And yet, the parents called out a local radio show for "exploiting" her during the height of her "affliction". Right. Dollars to doughnuts she suffers from Munchausen By Proxy as an adult, and we read about her purposely making her own kids sick to gain attention. So what malady can I come up with to get a free trip to New York City?
And speaking of the idiocy of America's youth - from the recent Miss Teen USA pageant, may I present Miss South Carolina, ya'll!! She talks reaaaal good! Like. Such as.
Forget locating the United States on a map. Can she locate a map?
2 comments:
and like, omg.
"And such as."
I'm going to use that in meetings and see if anyone gets it.
Post a Comment