Nov 6, 2008

I can't complain, but sometimes I still do.

Life is just one damned thing after another. ~ Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)

I just made the mistake of reading some of my posts from the inaugural year of my blogging experiment, begun way back in Naught Six. I realized two things:


  1. I was funnier and less bitter back then
  2. I used names, and didn't even attempt to hide identities.
  3. Somehow, in those 400 and change very randomly published posts, I've managed to not use the same post title more than once. Now that I consider an accomplishment! I may have ruined that streak with today's post title, though, so...D'oh!

So, this weekend I will be slogging through my own archives and deleting identifying information. And reflecting on the hardened, angst filled, criminally un-funny shell of my former self that I see refelcted in the morass of complaint and kvetching that my blog is currently. What I'm sure I'll conclude is that I need to get out more. My soul craves adventure and rockin' good times. And much, much less of the soul-crushing desk-jockey drama. As John la Carre once said: a desk is a dangerous place from which to watch the world.

2 comments:

B said...

No one's commenting, so I guess I have to take it into my own hands...

There were manatees in the harbor yesterday afternoon. Whole crowds of people were gathered on the wall to watch two big grey lumps bobbing in the tide. Sometimes their snouts would poke up for air. That was the most exciting thing that happened yesterday.

Anonymous said...

I'm commenting!! I'm commenting!!
we'll have to figure out how to rock out.
I am feeling the exact same way!!!