
Considering everything I have been asked to do in the last month and a half, and the many directions I feel pulled in on any given day...this business is getting old, that's all. I hit my five year mark this month. To me, five years with a company is the equivalent of the seven year itch. You start to look around and re-evaluate what's going on. You start to wonder about missed opportunities and the greener grass somewhere else. Let me tell you, they know they've got me in a spot because of the "state of the economy", and are going to milk me for every bit of work they can get out of me for what they pay me. It's just a question of my fortitude and how long I'll stand for it. Don't get me wrong - I'm just as grateful as anyone else to have a job right now when so many don't, and the security and the benefits tip the scales in favor me me staying. But for how much longer I just can't be sure. I have promised myself another year to gain some more experience and give the company an opportunity to rebound, and then we'll see where things stand.
3 comments:
another year.
I hate the economy myself, it has everyone in a pinch for finding a better job.
we can kvetch together.
Yes. Feeling trapped is the order of the day. And it sucks. I have been repeating a sort of mantra in my head: "One. More. Year. One more year. Onemoreyear. Ommmmm."
omm doesn't help me. warrior pose one certainly takes my mind off a lot though.
I see you sooooooooooooon!
Post a Comment