Apr 16, 2009

Ah! A triumph! I shall make a note of it.

The week thus far has been comprised of more or less slowly killing myself with projects while trying to keep up on my regular day-to-day work.

I got nominated for one of the employee service awards this year, and I received the trophy and monetary benefit earlier in the week. We've already spent most of the money on clothes for my husband and my son. The remainder was supposed to go toward savings, but I haven't spent any of it on myself, so I say screw savings - I have plans for that money. Plans that involve animatronic pirates and my favorite game called "dodge the tourist". So excited!

Yesterday I managed to spill an entire travel mug full of hot coffee all over myself (and my desk), which resulted in a ruined shirt, some coffe stained paperwork, and a lot of embarassment on my part. I had to get my husband to drive me home so I could change.

The new HR lady who has her office across from me is singing along to the music that she is playing rather loudly. I can hear her very clearly, even over the roof construction cacophany.

2 comments:

m said...

spendin it on the DisNEY!!!! I love it.

super excited, and will be putting in for that day as a vacation day. My boss is officially gonna hate me. :)

B said...

I'm excited too. We've already spent most of the money, but I get some for clothes, and the rest for Disney. We're going to make up for some time and have some real FUN. I insist upon it.